Find The Best Bonner Springs Homes For Sale With Our Professionals
Whether you want to sell your house or buy a new one, Stroud & Associates is happy to help you. We have already helped more than 2,000 families sell or buy their homes. We can’t wait to help you as well.
Find The Best Bonner Springs Homes For Sale With Our Professionals
Bonner Springs is a city in Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties in the U.S. state of Kansas, and is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 7,314. Bonner Springs is located at the intersection of Interstates 70 and 435. The city is home to the world’s largest outdoor water park, Schlitterbahn. It is also home to the Kansas Speedway, a NASCAR racetrack. Bonner Springs is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Why Choose Us?
Our home search tools are the best in the business. We make it easy for you to find the best homes in Bonner Springs. With over 40 million listings, our search tools are the most powerful in the industry. Use our home search tools today and find the home of your dreams.
Bonner Springs KS Real Estate Market Health
The health of the Bonner Springs KS real estate market is always a topic of conversation. With new home construction on the rise, there are plenty of buyers for those homes that are currently on the market. If you are looking for a new home, the Bonner Springs KS real estate market is a great place to look. If you are looking for an existing home in Bonner Springs KS, we have plenty of those for sale as well.
Bonner Springs KS Real Estate Market Trends
Many people will look at trends to help them understand the Bonner Springs KS real estate market. We can help you find those trends and more. Trends are a great way to get a snapshot of the Bonner Springs KS real estate market. We will help you see what is going on in the market and how that affects you. We are here to help you find the best homes in Bonner Springs KS.
Our Bonner Springs realtors are committed to selling your home in a manner that meets your needs. Sellers have the option of either a traditional listing or an instant deal. This is the best way to sell your house faster and without compromising your happiness.
Our years of experience will help you make the right decision about letting our real estate team manage your property using our traditional sales process. Every step we take, from pricing to marketing to showing your house, is based on our professional expertise.
Get in Touch With Our Team
Contact Stroud & Associates to get started with the home sale process today.
Pricing Your Home
Pricing your home is both an art and a science. Achieving the optimal price is the result of both objective research into comparable properties and a gut feeling about your property and the current market.
The right price should:
- Attract buyers
- Allow you to earn the most money possible
- Help you sell as quickly as possible
The simple fact is, price is the number one factor that most homebuyers use to determine which homes they want to view. It is also important to remember that, although the price is set by you, the value of the home is determined by the buyer. Try to avoid allowing your enthusiasm impact your better judgment—overpricing is a common mistake that can cost you in the end.
The Importance of Proper Pricing
- Faster sale and less inconvenience
- Exposure to more buyers
- Increases Realtors® response
- Generates more advertising/sign calls
- Attracts higher offers
- Means more money for the seller
What really matters is how your home stacks up against the other properties currently offered for sale and recently sold in your neighborhood. Buyers will be comparing.
Common Reasons for Overpricing
- Purchasing in higher-priced area
- Original purchase price too high
- Lack of factual data
- Bargaining room
- Move isn't necessary
- Assessed value
- Emotional attachment
- Opinion of family and neighbors
Dangers of Overpricing
- Most of the activity on your home will occur in the first few weeks. Pricing a home properly and then creating immediate urgency in the minds of agents and buyers is critical.
- Buyers who have seen most available homes in their price range are waiting for the "right house" to come on the market. That's why if a house is priced right, it will sell quickly.
- Don't start with a high price and the assumption that you can reduce it later. By the time you decide to lower the price, it may be too late, as interest will have already waned.
- A major cause for concern is appraisal problems, overpricing can lead to loan rejections and lost time.
- Even if your home is nicer than other homes in the same area, your house won't be picked for viewing if you set the price too high.
- Buyers and agents become aware of the long exposure period and often are hesitant to make an offer because they fear something is wrong with the property.
- Fewer potentially qualified buyers will respond.
- You might help sell similar homes that are priced lower than yours.
- You could lose money as a result of making extra mortgage payments while incurring taxes, insurance, and unplanned maintenance costs.
The Role of a Real Estate Agent in Pricing
- Provide you with a comparative market analysis (CMA)—a comparison of the prices of recently sold homes that are similar in terms of location, style, and amenities. A CMA is performed by comparing previously sold homes in the area, and currently active homes to know your competition.
- There is no "exact price" for real estate.
- We don't tell you what we think your home is "worth".
- The market determines value—together we determine the price.
- You determine the price based on the factors you can control:
- Marketing time
- Financing alternatives provided
- Exposure method
- Keep in touch with market trends and keep up to date with market activity of comparable homes.
- Estimate your net proceeds.
- Help to determine offering incentives.
An agent has NO control over the market, only the marketing plan. Never select an agent based on price.Contact Us Now!
Marketing Your Home
MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE
Your home is immediately listed on the Multiple Listing Service which updates a daily catalog of homes for sale through its member brokers and an online computer network, available to its members, with photos and descriptions of all listed properties. We personally submit a photo and the descriptive elements of your home to ensure that you have the best possible representation on the MLS.
ON THE INTERNET
All of our property listings are online under Featured Listings on our website as well as on all local websites that subscribe to the Multiple Listing Service. Research from the National Association of Realtors indicates that more than 80% of home buyers now begin the buying process online. Our website includes the most advanced tools available, including Active Maps and automatic email notifications—to give buyers the most reason to keep coming back.
FOR SALE SIGNS AND BROCHURE BOXES
Immediately our distinctive "For Sale" sign is placed on your property along with a brochure box containing photo/property information flyers.
As quickly as possible after receiving your signed listing contract, we prepare and print a professional color flyer. We make a point of having flyers for all of our listings available at each of our open houses.Contact Us Now!
Showing Your Home
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions.
The exterior of your home often determines how buyers will view the interior, so:
- Make sure your front entrance is clean and inviting.
- Paint or replace your front door if it's faded or worn.
- Add some paint to shutters, trim and any other outside features showing signs of wear.
- Add vibrant plants and put down some fresh mulch.
Accentuate the Positive.
"How we live in a home and how we sell a home are often two different things." Try to see your home with a fresh perspective and arrange each room to bring out its best attributes, including:
- Keep windows and floors clean.
- Replace faded wallpaper and glue any areas that have come away from the wall.
- Repair worn woodwork.
- Repaint scarred or dirty walls in a neutral color.
- Steam clean carpeting or replace it, if necessary.
- Repair loose knobs, sticking doors & windows, warped cabinet drawers, broken light switches and other minor flaws.
- Check and repair caulking in bathtubs and showers.
Try to see your home with a fresh perspective and arrange each room to bring out its best attributes, including:
- Open draperies and curtains to let the light in during the showing.
- Remove all unnecessary clutter from your attic, basement and closets to better display spacious rooms (consider storage or a garage sale to dispose of extraneous items).
- Arrange all your rooms neatly and remove excess furniture. Keep fresh, clean towels in the bathroom. Use candles or air fresheners to make the room smell pleasant.
Put Your Home in the best possible light.
Strategically lighting your home, even during daytime showings, can create a cozy mood and highlight positive attributes of each room, so:
- Avoid the use of overhead lighting that makes rooms look washed out and lifeless.
- Be creative and arrange lamps to help smaller rooms seem larger, and large rooms seem more intimate.
- Use lighting to highlight the "living areas" of your home, such as a pair of chairs near a fireplace, or a table in a breakfast area.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn't been used for three months—put it away!
- Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc. (A sparse kitchen helps buyers mentally move their own things into your kitchen.)
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary. As owners, many times we have too much furniture in a room. This is wonderful for our personal enjoyment, but when it comes to selling, we need to thin out as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
- Take down or rearrange certain pictures or objects on walls. Patch and paint if necessary.
- Review the house inside room by room. Paint any room needing paint, clean carpets or drapes that need it, clean windows.
- Leave on certain lights during the day. During "showings" turn on all lights and lamps.
- Have stereo FM on during the day for all viewings.
- Lockbox--#1 Importance: "If we don't have it, they won't show it."
- Trim landscaping to reveal architectural detail (bottom of windows, etc.). "If they can't see it, we can't sell it."
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., into the garage.
- Check gutters and/or roof for dry rot. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
- Look at all plants and prune bushes or trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. "You can't sell a house if you can't see it." Plants are like children—they grow so fast!!
- Weed and then mulch all planting areas. Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized. Remove any dead plants or shrubs.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc. (Put them in the garage).
- Check paint condition of the house—especially the front door and trim. "Curb appeal really works!"
- Try to look at your house "through the buyer's eyes" as though you've never seen it or been there before. Any time or money spent on these items will bring you back more money in return, and hopefully a faster sale.
Nine Minute Showing Drill
Occasionally you will receive a call to schedule a showing to take place within the next few minutes. The following is a checklist for this type of panic:
- Sound: Turn off the television and tune the radio (low volume) to a soft rock, middle of the road or classic rock station.
- Sight: Turn on every light in the house (day or night) and open every drape and blind (day time only).
- Odors: Heat some frozen pastry slowly in the oven or heat a pan on the stove and then drop in a few drops of vanilla.
- Kitchen: Wipe kitchen counters and place dirty dishes in dishwasher.
- Bathrooms: Wipe counters, flush and close toilets.
- Living/Family Rooms: Hide magazines, newspapers, and games—remove clutter.
- Bedrooms: Straighten beds. Hide clutter under bed (not in closet).
- Exterior: Put away toys and clutter. Keep walk clear.
- Children & Pets: They are a distraction, so send them outside.
- Goodbye: Sorry, but this is the single most important thing you can do in a showing to help sell your home! Even if the showing agent insists that it is okay to stay, you must leave. Buyers must get emotionally committed to your home to buy it and they cannot become emotional about "their new home" if you, the current owners, are "hanging around."
Improving Your Home
Which items will add value to your home and help with the resale value when the time comes to sell?
The answer is: “Only the ones that future buyers will also want and be willing to pay for.”
As a general rule, choosing the functional over the merely cosmetic and choosing neutral over unusual or exotic will pay at resale. Taste and current trends can also affect the value of an update. Unusual colors have a limited appeal.
Which updates will add the most value to your home?
- Update your kitchen and/or bathrooms. Whether you need a minor or major remodel, updating the kitchen or bathrooms in your home will yield a high return on investment. Stay timeless with your updates, but also pay attention to trends.
- Increase usable space. Add an extra bathroom, upgrade or expand your kitchen and/or master bedroom suite. Add more closet space, or even convert an unused space to a more functional space—like a spare bedroom to a home office or the basement into the ultimate hangout space.
- Lighten and brighten your rooms. Paint rooms white or with a light color paint to neurtalize your space. Add skylights, windows, or French doors.
- Revamp the exterior. Updated landscaping will draw in buyers before they even walk through the door. Keep your shrubs, trees, and grass trimmed & tidy. Add a splash of color with vibrant plants or by painting the front door an eye-catching color. Consider a focal point like a flagstone walkway or a water feature.
We’d Love to Hear From You
Please complete the form below and someone from our team will get in touch with you soon. Thank you!
How to Sell Your House in 5 Days: Our Instant OfferEvery agent on our team has a lot of tricks up their sleeves that help them sell your home quickly. But sometimes that isn’t enough. What if you need to sell a house incredibly quickly? Sometimes, you may need to make a sale within just a few days. This is where our instant offer program comes into play. This gives you the ability to sell your home within a matter of days. You don’t have to make any repairs or bother with cleaning it, either. All you have to do is reach out to us, and we’ll give you an instant offer within just 48 hours. You won’t have to prepare your home for showings. You won’t have to leave the property multiple times for showings and deal with disruptions. You won’t have to deep-clean the property before each showing or worry about staging. Just tell us about your home and meet with one of our specialists. Within 48 hours, you will have an instant offer. It is up to you whether you want to accept it. This service is particularly popular for those who have a sudden change of circumstances. Maybe your job is suddenly relocating you, or perhaps you have a family emergency that is likely to last for a while, so you need to be closer to your loved ones. It is also great if you have found your new dream home but need to free up funds by selling your current one quickly. You can also use our instant offer program if you have been trying to sell your home for a while without success. Maybe you have gotten frustrated with the process, or perhaps you aren’t necessarily in a rush. Maybe you just don’t like the hassle of preparing your property and wondering when it will get sold. Maybe you just want to sell it and move on with your life. Either way, we can help.
Tell Us About
Meet With One Of Our
Receive an Instant Offer
Within 48 Hours
How Long to Sell A House? Can We Do It Quickly?
A Guaranteed Sale Sets a Timeline
We let sellers set the timeline with our guaranteed sale program. The Bonner Springs real estate agent who works with you will provide feedback to help you establish a realistic goal. We will determine the true market value of your house so that we can decide how much to list it for. Our advertising and pricing strategies ensure that our agents are able to get Bonner Springs homes for sale on the market quickly. If you are unable to get the deal you want within the deadline, our guaranteed sales program will help. We will extend you a comparable offer.
We are so confident in each real estate agent's ability to sell your Bonner Springs house that we have created this guaranteed sale program. This removes the stress from the selling process and ensures that you have a wonderful experience working with our team.
Sell Your Home
For The Right Price
At The Right Time
Get Started With Your Guaranteed Sale Now!
Please complete the form below and someone from our team will get in touch with you soon. Thank you!
Quick Sales Are Available Due to Our Experience
Our entire team is well-versed in the field, and each agent has a lot of experience. We know how to price your home and market it so it sells quickly. The agent will create a detailed description of your home that highlights the best features. Professional photos will be taken to show these aspects and the spaciousness of your home.
Our multiple listing service will ensure that your home attracts both homebuyers as well as agents. You don't lose your profit if you sell quickly. We have the experience to help you balance the fine line between maximizing your profit and selling your Bonner Springs house fast.
Guaranteed Sale for the Highest Possible Price With Our Unique Selling Strategy
Our pricing strategies are based on our professional experience. This results in homeowners getting the best price possible. This means you have more money to spend on your home or on a rainy-day fund. The strategy also includes market analysis. This allows us to see the recent sales of similar homes in your area. We can then compare the features of these properties with yours.
Our agent will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the pricing of your house. We want you to feel comfortable with all aspects of the process.